5 Free Math Websites for 4th Graders
fourth grade is a crucial year for math. This is the year when students are expected to really start mastering the basics, and laying the foundation for more advanced concepts that they’ll encounter in the years to come. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your child is getting plenty of practice at home. And what better way to practice than with some fun, interactive math websites? Here are 5 of our favorites:
- Cool Math Games – This website has tons of great math games for kids of all ages. There’s something here for everyone, whether your child is into puzzles, racing games, or strategy games. And best of all, they’re all free!
- ABCya! – This website has a ton of great educational games for kids in grades K-5, including a bunch of great math games. They’re all organized by grade level, so you can easily find something appropriate for your child. And like Cool Math Games, they’re all completely free!
- Sheppard Software – This website has a huge variety of free online games and activities for kids in grades K-12. They have a whole section devoted to math games, which are perfect for reinforcing basic concepts. And again, they’re all free!
- Funbrain – This website has been around for awhile, and it’s still one of the best places to go for educational games and activities for kids. They have a ton of great math games for kids in grades K-8. And like all the other websites on this list, they’re completely free!
- Khan Academy – This website isn’t specifically geared towards kids, but it’s a great resource for anyone who wants to learn or brush up on their math skills. They have lessons and practice exercises on everything from basic arithmetic to calculus, and beyond. And best of all, it’s totally free!
There are plenty of great resources out there for helping your child master fourth grade math. But why not make things more fun by turning learning into a game? These five websites are all great places to start. Best of all, they’re all completely free! So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
The Best Free Math Websites for 4th Graders
Math can be a tough subject for some kids. If your fourth grader is struggling with math, you may be looking for ways to help them outside of the classroom. Luckily, there are plenty of great free math websites that can give your child the extra practice they need to succeed. Here are our top picks.
- Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a comprehensive learning website that offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard for students of all ages. For fourth graders, Khan Academy offers a dedicated math section with lessons on everything from fractions and decimals to geometry and data analysis. Best of all, it’s completely free to use.
- IXL Math
IXL Math is a website that offers math practice for students from kindergarten all the way through 12th grade. fourth grade math topics include place value, addition and subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions and decimals, geometry, and more. While some features of IXL Math are free, a paid subscription is required to access the full range of features and math problems. However, you can sign up for a free trial to see if it’s right for your child before committing to a subscription.
- Bedtime Math
Bedtime Math is a website (and accompanying app) that helps kids love learning math through fun stories and activities that can be done before bed each night. Although it’s geared towards younger kids, fourth graders will still find plenty of interesting math problems to solve on the site. And like Khan Academy, it’s completely free to use.
If your fourth grader needs extra help with math, there are plenty of great free websites that can help. Khan Academy, IXL Math, and Bedtime Math are all great options that offer different ways for your child to practice their math skills. So try out a few and see which one works best for your family!